Monday, June 4, 2012

Chicken and Asparagus with Goat Cheese and Sun-dried Tomatoes

After having Tate my husband wanted to lose his "baby weight". I was breastfeeding so I couldn't really diet but my husband went on a low-carb diet. I on the other hand spent my days carb loading so that at dinner I could make something low-carb*. I scoured Pinterest and the internet for recipes- there were a ton of recipes but the majority we tried were not very flavorful or were too difficult to make while the two of us juggled making dinner and appeasing the wee little tyrant that like to scream fuss from 5:30 till bedtime every night for the first two months. So we started throwing together our own recipes this one is a favorite (I also really like it with roasted red peppers in lieu of the tomatoes).



*Disclaimer: I have a degree in Religion not nutrition. I throw the word "carb" around but pretty much I mean no bread, pasta, potato, rice, etc. 


Chicken and Asparagus with Goat Cheese and Sun-dried Tomatoes

3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 lb of Asparagus
3 oz of Goat Cheese
3 oz of Sun-Dried Tomatoes (or 1 roasted red pepper diced)
Sliced Almonds
Olive Oil
1/2 Tbl minced Garlic
Salt Pepper




Toast almonds in a little bit of olive oil until light brown. Remove and set aside.



Cut asparagus into bite sized pieces. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.


Season chicken with salt and pepper and cut into bite sized pieces. Add chicken to pan with garlic. Cook almost through. Then add asparagus and sun dried tomatoes. When asparagus is cooked reduce heat to low, add almonds and goat cheese.  When cheese is melted it is done and it is delicious. Enjoy!



Linking to:

No comments:

Post a Comment